Introduction to Inner Journeying
This is a beginning workshop on shamanic journeying. During this experiential workshop, participants are introduced to core shamanism, the nearly universal methods used by the shaman to enter non-ordinary reality for problem solving and healing. Particular emphasis is on the classic shamanic journey, one of the most remarkable visionary methods utilized to explore hidden universes otherwise known primarily through myth and dream. Participants are initiated into shamanic journeying, aided by drumming and other techniques for experiencing the shamanic state of consciousness and for awakening dormant spiritual abilities, including connections with Nature.
Practice includes comparisons by participants of their discoveries in shamanic journeys as well as being introduced to shamanic divination and healing. They are also provided with methods for journeying to discover and study with their own individual spiritual teachers in non-ordinary reality, a classic step in shamanic practice. Participants learn how the journey is utilized to help restore spiritual power and health, and how shamanism can be applied in contemporary daily life to help heal one-self, others, and the Planet.
This is a two day workshop (Saturday and Sunday). The workshop will start at 9:30 AM. and last until 4:30 PM. on both days. There will be a lunch break each day.WHAT TO WEAR/BRING:
1. Wear clothes that are comfortable and allow you to be on the ground.
2. Bandana or other eye covering to wear when journeying
3. Pillow/mat, blanket for journeying
4. Notebook/journal and pen
5. Grapefruit sized rock, with interesting features; not smooth
6. Drinking water and lunch.
7. You may also bring small items to place on the alter during the workshop.
8. Drum & rattle (if you have them). Shilo will have rattles available to either use or purchase. To view her rattles, please visit her tool making web site: http://www.sacredtoolmaker.com
The cost of this workshop is $185.00 is paid by June 30, 2013. The cost is $225.00 if paid after June 30, 2013
To resever your spot, please contact Shilo at 316-213-9162
If you need more information, you can click here to send her an e-mail.
For more information about journeying, click here. (This will take you to the Shamanic Coaching page on this site, where there is a detailed description of basic journeying skills. You will need to click on "journeying" from the menu.)
Return to the Main Workshop page